Most people do not realize that your skin is considered an organ, and the largest one we have! We all appreciate the many things we can do to be healthy. Eating right, being active and committing to a wellness program in some capacity. This helps us maintain a reasonable weight, preserve our muscles and bones, and feel well regardless of what that number tells us our age is.
We need a similar mindset for our skin. Unprotected, especially in the South, it can take a beating from the elements. Our weather can be unkind to our skin if not properly protected. Sun, wind, and even snow and ice all take their toll on our skin. We all need to be aware of how best to combat the environment and its impact on our skin.
Remember everything begins with sun block. All sun blocks are not created equally. Most help block out UVB rays but not all protect against UVA. Not all sunscreens block all of UVA rays. It is important to understand the SPF (sun protection factor) impacts the sunblock’s efficacy against UVB. Zinc Oxide is the only sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB. Both can cause skin cancers.
- Moisturizer – Remember in the winter, the air in and outside is dry. Dry skin can result in irritation, redness etc.
- Cleanser – It is not good for your skin to use standard bar soap to wash your face. It is way too harsh. We all benefit from an appropriate cleanser to complement their skin. For me, I use a moisturizing cleanser because my skin tends to be dry. This helps hydrate my skin and prevent flaking and irritation.
- Toner – These products may help cleanse skin and prepare it for other products
- Retin-A/Retinol – Using the most studied anti-aging agents helps keep the skin turning over and growing new collagen. It also helps thicken our skin.
- Pigment Control – For some patients, an aged appearance occurs because of chronic sun exposure and spotty pigmentation. Topicals are available to help control and even eliminate some of the pigment we have due to sun exposure.
We often complement a good skin regimen with a mild to moderate peel or light-based treatment, helping our skin rejuvenate to an even better level. These office-based treatments are very well tolerated and depending on the intensity have little downtime. These improvements can be further complemented by botulinum toxin and filler treatments to help us address some of consequences of “experience”.
We are so fortunate to have an incredible team of aestheticians at our practices in Dallas and Frisco. They are very experienced, bright, and gifted in their profession. Wendy Turner and Danielle Wyatt are in our Dallas office and Melissa Galloway sees patients in Frisco. Check out the services we provide!
Contact us here or contact the clinic at 214-645-2353 to enjoy a 10% discount off of products through April 29th, 2022. We want to help you achieve your skin care goals in 2022!