Question: I feel like my skin looks tired. What can I do to make it look better ?
Answer: Many patients come in looking for a quick fix with a laser treatment to help their skin. While that may improve things more acutely, a commitment to skin care will allow one to maintain results from treatment and in some cases may be all that is needed to help make the skin look new and refreshed.
There are 5 fundamentals to a good skin care regimen:
- Sun Block – if you cannot commit to daily use, go no further. We get sun exposure 365 days a year so we have to use it every day
- Antioxidant – helps protect the skin with your sunblock
- Cleanser – using an appropriate cleanser for the type of skin you have is critical ( oily, dry or neutral)
- Trentinoin ( Retin-A or Retinol) – will help turn over your skin and increase the collagen within it.
- Depigmenter ( when necessary) – for some, this may be a daily treatment and others just temporary.
Skin care doesn’t have to be complicated. Just something in the morning and evening before you go to bed. You will see positive changes within 4-6 weeks.
We have three excellent skin care specialist in our practice who help us care for you: Wendy Turner, Rachel Anthony, and Laurie Cheatham.